What Does A Dental Assistant Do?
The Dental Assistant is the allied health professional who is responsible for the preventive aspect of dental treatment. As part of preventive treatment, assistants perform services such as...
- Four -handed, chair side Dental Assisting in all areas of General Dentistry, including Oral Surgery, Endodontics, Crown & Bridge, and Cosmetic Dentistry.
- Radiology, including taking and developing dental x-rays using the latest state-of-the-art equipment.
- Oral Anatomy.
- Patient Education and how to care for the apprehensive Patient.
- Sterilization procedures, operating an autoclave, chemclave and other equipment necessary to sterilize and clean instruments and work surfaces.
- Operate and maintain darkroom equipment needed to process x-rays film.
- Maintain the treatment rooms.
- The "Tray & Tub" instrument delivery system.
- Perform receptionist and front desk duties including appointment books, billing, filing, patient record keeping, insurance and general accounting procedures for a dental office.
Start Your New Dental Assistant Career Today!